The Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR) has earned a reputation for being a premier institution for management education, research, and training in the health and hospital sectors. With campuses in Jaipur, Delhi, and Bangalore, IIHMR offers MBA programs that equip students with the skills needed to excel in the healthcare industry. This article presents a detailed guide to the IIHMR admission process for MBA programs, helping prospective students navigate their way to success.
IIHMR MBA Programs
IIHMR offers three main MBA programs, each focusing on a specific aspect of healthcare management:
- MBA in Hospital and Health Management (MBA-HHM)
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management (MBA-PM)
- MBA in Rural Management (MBA-RM)
Each program is designed to impart practical knowledge, with a curriculum tailored to the unique requirements of the healthcare industry. The two-year programs consist of four semesters, featuring classroom learning, field visits, internships, and a research project.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in IIHMR
To be eligible for admission to IIHMR’s MBA programs, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree (minimum three years) from a recognized university in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates).
- Candidates appearing for their final year Bachelor’s degree examination can also apply, provided they submit their final degree results by the specified date.
Selection Process in IIHMR Jaipur
The selection process for IIHMR MBA programs consists of the following steps:
- Entrance Exam: Candidates must appear for any one of the national-level management entrance exams, such as CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, GMAT, or IIHMR’s own IIHMR-U MAT. A valid score in one of these exams is mandatory for admission.
- Application Form: Candidates need to fill out the online application form available on the IIHMR website, providing personal details, educational qualifications, work experience (if any), and entrance exam scores.
- Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI): Shortlisted candidates based on entrance exam scores will be invited for GD and PI rounds. The performance in these rounds plays a crucial role in the final selection.
- Final Selection: The final selection of candidates is based on a comprehensive evaluation of entrance exam scores, academic performance, work experience (if any), GD, and PI performance. Selected candidates will receive an admission offer letter with details on fee payment and document submission.
Pursuing an MBA from IIHMR can provide candidates with the skills and knowledge required to excel in the rapidly evolving healthcare industry. By understanding the admission process, eligibility criteria, and selection procedure, prospective students can improve their chances of securing a seat in one of IIHMR’s esteemed MBA programs. With a commitment to excellence in education, research, and training, IIHMR is an ideal choice for aspiring healthcare management professionals.
The Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR) offers a range of MBA programs tailored to the healthcare sector, with a focus on practical knowledge and industry-specific skills. Here, we provide an overview of the courses and fee structure for IIHMR’s MBA programs. Note that the fees mentioned are subject to change, and prospective students should visit the official IIHMR website for the most up-to-date information.
IIHMR MBA Fee Structure
The fee structure for IIHMR’s MBA programs typically includes the following components:
- Tuition Fee
- Hostel Fee (including boarding and lodging)
- Caution Money (refundable)
As of our knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the approximate fee structure for the two-year MBA programs at IIHMR is as follows:
- Tuition Fee: INR 7,00,000 to INR 8,00,000 (for the entire program)
- Hostel Fee: INR 1,00,000 to INR 1,50,000 per annum
- Caution Money: INR 10,000 (refundable)
Please note that these figures are approximate and may not be accurate as of 2023. The fee structure is subject to revision, and additional expenses such as application fees, exam fees, and miscellaneous charges may also apply.
IIHMR Fees / Payment Schedule
The fee payment schedule for IIHMR MBA programs is usually divided into four installments, corresponding to the four semesters of the program. Students are expected to pay the fees according to the schedule provided by the institute at the time of admission.
IIHMR’s MBA programs are designed to provide students with a comprehensive education in healthcare management. The fee structure, while subject to change, offers a transparent breakdown of the costs involved in pursuing these programs. By securing scholarships and adhering to the payment schedule, students can effectively manage their finances while pursuing their MBA at IIHMR.